Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Jane the Virgin


Jane the Virgin took me by surprise! I was looking for some series to watch as a time-killer and expected it to be soapy, girly and moony and I was okay with that. However, it turned out, there is a lot more to this one under its pinky, soapy surface. 

The comedy-drama tv series aired on 13 October 2014 on CW’s network. With its absurd plot strings, romantic touch, crime references and well-presented humour, it made me love every minute of it. Fresh, funny, charming, genial, playfull and intriguing do not even begin to describe it.

Gina Rodriguez, playing Jane Villanueva, has been referred to as the breakout star of this fall. And I think she is quite talented, magnetic, likeable and so right for the role.

While, the show is obviously targeted at the female part of the audience, I am not sure it wouldn’t be appreciated by men too.

"Jane the virgin”, by all means, has appeal in its diversity, so if you haven’t seen it yet, you should!

No comments:

Post a Comment